History of the VFW Auxiliary
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. The VFW Auxiliary is one of the nation’s oldest veterans’ service organizations and our members are the relatives of those who have served in overseas combat. More than 475,000 members in nearly 3,900 Auxiliaries nationwide who volunteer millions of hours and fund raise millions of dollars for charitable projects that benefit veterans, military service personnel and their families.
Through our National Programs, we assist the VFW pass or block legislation that impacts veterans and their families, provide nearly a million volunteer hours in the VA medical system, conduct patriotic programs with thousands of students and offer hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships for our nation’s youth.
Our Auxiliary History
VFW Auxiliary 1513 was established February 19, 2017. Our first president was Carrie Foster who helped grow the Auxiliary.